Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Kampung Boy"

Have you ever heard someone proudly declare that he/she is a “kampong boy”? I’m sure this is a rare case. Wherever we go or wherever we are, we always don’t really want to admit that we are just a mere “kampong boy”. Why? Because we ain’t want to be look down by the others. Our pride is the reason why we do so! As what the English saying” the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence”. For us, when we finally have the chance leave our hometown, which is just a small “kampung”, we ain’t gona boast how great out “kampung” is. But on this summer when I go back to my hometown, I learned something new, something that is so meaningful and great.

On August 05, 2008, after 3 weeks I had been staying in my house, finally I had the chance to meet up with my friend. Guess who? I’m sure for those people in 5B sure know who he is. Only he alone always proclaims that he is a “KAMPUNG BOY”!!! And for those who still so blur, I advise you all better brush up your relationship with out dearest 5B’s friends. And for those who haven’t met him, I wouldn’t blame you for not knowing who that is. Haha..


So, here he is, Jeng Siang, my beautiful 5B’s classmate. Ain’t he beautiful? Haha… No offence in saying that, indeed he inherited his mother’s beauty. But still I’m sure that he is handsome in some other way.

“Kampung” is just a paradise for those people who love nature. Not many people really know how to appreciate this place since according to them; it’s a bored place which full of old people. They haven’t really know how many things that they miss out when they are in “kampung”. I was once had the mindset like them.

So, I had plan my a day and night trip to my friend’s house which is located in a place named “Changkat Keruing”, which is 45minute drive from my hometown. It’s a place that is much more “kampung” my hometown as they still don’t have ‘seven eleven’ or any fast food restaurant.
I’m a bit regretted because for this trip, I wasn’t been able to took some nice pictures because I was too lazy to do so. I think I will just post some nice moment that I had with Jeng Siang.

On the 1st day of my trip, he brought me to another town 10minutes away from his hometown. There, I bought myself a bowl of “Tie Ban Mian” and mixed BBQ seafood which consist of variety of seafood such as squid, prawns, snails, fish and etc on a very cheap price. That is one of the benefit that you can get if you plan to stay in a “kampung” area. Everything is so cheap!!! Then we precede our plan to buy some junk food in supermarket so that later at night we can watch horror movie. After finished shopping, we go back to have a bath and rest for a while. Suddenly an idea just pop up in our mind to go “long kai”, it’s a Cantonese word for “loitering around” by using motorcycle. Since for 2 years I don’t have any chance to ride on a motorcycle, I eagerly wanted to go for a ride. And he took me for a ride, visiting his hometown and showing me where his school compound is. Just right beside a road, there is a hawker. So, we decide to go and have our supper. I ate a bowl of “Wa Tan Ho”, a type of Chinese dish that consist of noodle mixed in a delicious dense soup… After our supper, we went back to watch our horror movie from TV. Haha…

So, the funs really begin in the 2nd day. 8 o’clock sharp we woke up and prepare ourselves. Using the motorcycle as our vehicle since it is fun when the wind stroke through your hair and creep pass your skin and stimulate your skin receptor. We go to a hawker stall, having a bowl of curry noodles, “wan tan”, and “kong lou mee”. It’s quite cheap, nice and filling for sure!



After having our breakfast, my friend drove me to another place which located not far from his hometown. It’s a place that located near a beach. And sure enough, since it is located near “kampung” site, the sea water was super duper clean.


The beach is sandy white and when you step on the beach, u can fell that the sand are so smooth and warm. The beach is sparkling as if it is filling with crystals and diamonds. Look at the picture that I took with him.. Our feet just like sank in it when we stepped on it.. The feeling is just indescribable. It’s so awesome after so long I didn’t have any chance to visit a beach. I guess I also cannot differentiate which one is my leg…haha..

The things that surprise me is the beach have a lot of living things that you never imagine that you’ll see. When I 1st arrive there, I notice there something creeping on the beach. Those are craps!!! Hell lot’s of crap!!! And he told me in that sand, I also can find some creature name as “sea cockroach”… haha.. that is the name that I gave when I saw he dig one for me. According to him, the thing taste crunchy and nice. I just don’t have the luck to eat that stuff…

I’m so happy that I have a “kampung” friend that is so proud of his own hometown. For several times I asked him whether he prefers “kampung” or city? And his answer is still “kampung” although for few months he had been studying in KL.
I also manage to visit the turtles’ resident. It’s great experience for me to see a lot of turtles there. I never imagine that I would see an alive turtle with my own eye. They just look so pure and cute. I always imagine that turtle is green in color and ugly. Ever since I saw that turtle, how I wish that I can hold them and ride on them.. hehe..

For me, turtle is just like a spaceship, floating freely and enjoying their lives. They look so light yet so heavy and dense.

And for the baby turtle, they look so cute and juicy… Haha… I really had the thought that they can make a delicious dish… HAHAHAHA… I think because of the people like me exist in this world, all the turtle extinct. They are cute, right? You will never have any chance to see these things in a city… and I can get so near to smell the fragrance of the water and snap some photos.

So, after an hour or two, we had finished visiting, we go back to have a rest. And now another fresh memory was added to my brain slot. He brought me to visit his father’s plantation and other plantation that near it. I manage to gasp the fresh air that haven’t been polluted by any chemical or any pollutants.

There are still a lot of things that I can describe here. It’s just I don’t have much time for me to do that. So, here I am, telling all of you that I’m proud to be one of the “kampung boy”. And so did him and the others that know how great our “kampung” is. We can get everything fresh, strait from the farm, fruits garden and from sea. Everything is just great. People that have the experience to live in a “kampung”, please do appreciate your hometown as a lot of great memories and histories were being born from that place! And thanks ya Jeng Siang for showing how to crack into the heart of our hometown and enjoy the creation in it! That is what friends always do, help, share the happiness and remind each other so that no one will fall. Friends forever!!! Hope you all will continue to appreciate the friends around you!!!









No comments: